Garlic Butter Rice has so much flavor, it makes the perfect side to go with anything! One pot does it all.
Garlic Butter Rice will have your mouth watering and wanting more! Family approved rice recipe that quickly goes into heavy rotation on the dinner menu. It’s full of buttery garlic flavors that are so good you can eat a bowl by itself! Elevate plain rice with this incredible recipe.
GARLIC BUTTER RICE
A favorite with ANYONE you serve it to, cook it all up in ONE pot in no time at all. This rice recipe goes with absolutely anything! From Italian recipes to Western, even Mediterranean or French! We can’t think of a single dish this does not compliment.
Well-seasoned and full-flavored, you would be forgiven for eating spoonfuls straight out of the pot. YES it’s that good!
HOW TO COOK RICE ON THE STOVE
You don’t need to rinse rice to get it nice and fluffy! If you use our cooking method and rice to liquid ratio, it will come out perfectly every single time!
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Stir uncooked rice into the garlic butter to evenly coat with ALL the garlic butter flavors.
- Add broth, dried herbs, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and bring to a boil UNCOVERED over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover with lid and let cook until he liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes!
- Remove pot from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and be in awe at the most perfect fluffy rice!
- Extra butter is stirred through right at the end to add extra taste.
TIPS FOR THE BEST GARLIC BUTTER RICE
If you’ve been looking for an incredibly delicious and EASY rice recipe for a side dish, you’ve found it right here! Follow these tips to make sure it’s great:
- The recipe calls for chicken or vegetable broth, but you can use plain water. Make sure you use low sodium broth as your rice may come out too salty. If using regular broth, simply adjust the amount of salt you add.
- For best results, we recommend using long grain rice. You can also use Basmati or Jasmine.
- Don’t be tempted to uncover the rice while it’s cooking to take a peak. Leave the lid on to let the steam do its magic!
Garlic butter rice can replace any plain rice as a side dish. Think a juicy piece of steak, lamb chops, chicken curry or our creamy Tuscan Chicken. Pile on some roasted veggies or greens and you’re good to go!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER RICE
Let rice cool to room temperature and transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
GARLIC BUTTER RICE
- 4 tablespoons (2oz. | 60g) butter, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice, long gran, Basmati or Jasmine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in rice to coat with the garlic butter.
- Add broth, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover with lid and reduce heat to low so the liquid is simmering very gently. Cook until all liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and stir through fresh parsley.
- Remove from heat, cover with lid and let stand 5-10 minutes, until soft.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Stir through remaining butter and season with a little extra salt, pepper and dried parsley.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.