Golden, seared chicken thighs in a garlic parmesan cream sauce packed with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and fresh basil! Flavor, flavor, flavor!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs are quick and easy to make… the perfect dinner recipe for tonight. Succulent, boneless chicken thighs in a delicious creamy sauce takes chicken to a whole new level!
TUSCAN CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE
Leave people wondering if there is a hidden chef in your kitchen! This creamy Tuscan chicken thighs recipe is so quick and easy to make, ready on the table in less than 15 minutes, you will even impress yourself!
Unlike the usual Tuscan chicken recipes, there’s no need to coat chicken thighs in flour. Instead, you’re going to season those thighs in an incredible seasoning: paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can use smoky, sweet, mild or spicy paprika. Add a pinch of cayenne for some heat if you like!
SUN DRIED TOMATO SAUCE
Filled with flavour, your entire family will love this Creamy Tuscan chicken thighs recipe! Simply sear your boneless chicken thighs first so they are nice and crispy, then proceed to make this delectable sauce. What you need? Sun dried tomatoes, spinach leaves, fresh basil, Italian seasoning, fresh grated parmesan cheese, heavy cream and chicken stock. Y.U.M!
TUSCAN CHICKEN SERVING SUGGESTIONS
We love a great chicken recipe that doesn’t need much with it! Creamy Tuscan chicken thighs is such a versatile recipe, it pairs well with anything!
- Serve over pasta that has been mixed through with olive, salt and garlic. Also, a touch of parmesan never hurt anyone.
- Garlic bread: soaking up creamy sauce with a warm piece of bread. It’s heaven.
- Plain rice or garlic butter rice. Yes!
Or keep it light and serve it for lunch or as a delicious appetizer with French bread slices, or on its own.
SOME LOW CARB SUGGESTIONS:
- Zucchini noodles
- Mashed cauliflower
- Steamed veggies
- Spaghetti squash
WHAT WINE GOES WELL WITH TUSCAN CHICKEN?
I choose a white wine to go with creamy Tuscan chicken thighs. A light Chardonnay or Pinot Gris pairs really well. For a sweeter wine, choose a Riesling or a Sparkling Moscato.
An easy to make and filling meal!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
SUN DRIED TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil, from jar
- 1 small brown shallot
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup (4 oz | 120g) sun dried tomato strips
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz | 120ml) dry white wine, (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz | 120ml) low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (6 fl. oz | 185ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (1 oz. | 30g) fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach leaves packed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves packed
- Season chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken in batches of two or three until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate, keep warm.
- Add the shallot and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the sun dried tomato strips and cook to release flavours, about 1 minute.
- Pour in wine; bring to a simmer while scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Let simmer for 2 minutes, then add in the chicken broth, cream, parmesan and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, then reduce heat to low-medium. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Stir regularly to melt parmesan cheese.
- Taste test sauce and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if needed.
- Stir through spinach and basil leaves. Stir through and let leaves wilt through the sauce. Return chicken to the pan; drizzle sauce over chicken and let simmer for a further minute.
- Serve immediately over mashed potato, mashed cauliflower, rice, pasta, or fresh bread to mop up the sauce!
Inspired by Cafe Delites Tuscan Chicken.