A foolproof, easy fluffy pancakes recipe, because you deserve fresh made homemade pancakes for breakfast!
Weekends will never be the same again! You’re minutes away from enjoying a steaming stack of the BEST, soft, fluffy pancakes. You will fall in love with with this recipe. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes!
Homemade pancakes should be an easy tradition — satisfying to make and completely uncomplicated. It doesn’t how rustic they look, as long as they are soft, thick and fluffy! And don’t forget about the toppings! No need to limit yourself to just maple syrup. Life is TOO SHORT!
You’ll be reaching for more than one!
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY PANCAKES
The trick to the best pancakes is starting with a thick-ish batter. When pancake batter is too runny, your pancakes will spread out, thinning them out without fluffing up. The batter should run smoothly and slowly run off of your ladle, as shown here.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR HOMEMADE PANCAKES
All you need is: all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, an egg, milk, melted butter, a pinch of salt and pure vanilla extract!
HOW TO COOK PERFECT PANCAKES
- Preheat a non stick griddle or frying pan over medium heat first.
- Get it nice and hot! Lower the heat to low-medium heat and wait for about two minutes. This is crucial.
- Lightly grease the pan with a small amount of butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake to guarantee they all come out the same size.
- Start pouring the batter from the center and move slowly outwards in a circular motion to spread the batter into perfect rounds.
- Give pancakes enough time to to cook properly. Don’t rush them on high heat, or flip them too early. Let that under-side cook to a beautiful golden brown colour, and when bubbles start forming on top and around the surface, they are ready to flip.
- Flip with a plastic spatula and cook until done!
WHAT TO PUT ON PANCAKES? PANCAKE TOPPINGS!
- Honey, maple syrup, rice syrup or coconut syrup with or without melted butter.
- Strawberries and whipped cream.
- Lemon and sugar – our favorite combination!
- Cinnamon sugar
- Fudge sauces: caramel, chocolate or butterscotch.
- Fruit compotes or our Blueberry Sauce.
- Lemon curd
- Bacon WITH maple syrup – because why not?
- Crushed nuts
- Fresh fruit or berries
- Ice cream
- Vanillin sugar
Easy Fluffy Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, (7 oz)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk, (10.5 fl. oz)
- 3 tablespoons butter, (1 1/2 oz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center; add milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg.
- Whisk wet ingredients together first before folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth (it's ok if there are a few lumps). -- If you find the batter too thick -- doesn't pour off a spoon easily, fold in a couple tablespoons of extra milk into the batter at a time until reaching desired consistency).
- Set batter aside, let rest.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto prepared hot pan, shaping into a round pancake.
- When the surface begins to bubble, flip and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup, honey, ice cream, melted butter and fruit.