The Best Banana Bread is so easy and the best way to use up over-ripe bananas!
Just what you’ve been looking for! Better than anything store-bought, our buttery banana bread is fluffy, soft, moist and smells amazing while baking! The best slice to go with your morning coffee.
The most incredible banana bread recipe you will ever try. Quick to make and delicious, it bakes perfect every single time.
Packed with bananas, cinnamon and brown sugar makes it irresistibly moist! It could not be any easier using ingredients you already have in your kitchen pantry. Enjoy a slice for breakfast with a warm mug of hot cocoa. Or save a slice for a morning or afternoon snack/treat!
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD
In this recipe, we use 2 different kinds of sugar to yield the best results: brown sugar and white sugar. The brown sugar makes for a soft banana bread that you will no doubt fall in love with. You only need to:
WHISK together dry ingredients.
MASH ripe bananas well.
ADD the wet ingredients.
FOLD in nuts.
You don’t need a mixer. Just two simple bowls, a wooden spoon or spatula, a fork and a whisk. The fresh and warm banana bread smell wafting through your house is the hardest part: waiting for it to cool down slightly to serve with little spread of butter.
- Use ripe bananas with a dark brown peel or black spots. These bananas are soft and full of natural occurring sugars.
- Mash your bananas well with a fork. It’s fine if there is a few lumps.
- The batter should be thick and lumpy once all of the ingredients are mixed through. You may be tempted to add more liquid, but you won’t need it.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Use a pale coloured loaf pan — light grey or white is ideal. Dark or black loaf pans are known to darken the bottom of cakes or loaves.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave a 3-inch overhang to make it easy to pull and lift the loaf out of the pan.
- Place your loaf onto a cooling rack to let cool, or enjoy a slice fresh out of the oven!
The result? Incredibly fluffy banana bread so tender and moist, packed with buttery richness and delicious depth of banana flavour.
HOW TO STORE
Seal loaf or slices with plastic wrap or in an airtight container for up to 3 days on your kitchen counter (if it lasts that long)!
BANANA BREAD LASTS up to 3 days at room temperature or 5 days in the refrigerator.
OR TO FREEZE BANANA BREAD: wrap in foil or store in a large airtight container.
Slice it up and freeze in single-sized portions. When the craving hits, reheat a slice in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, or defrost it on your kitchen counter first thing in the morning.
Best Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold in chopped nuts, if using.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This will be our go to banana bread recipe from now on! Added coconut and it came out beautiful. Looking forward to having it for breaky in the morning.