GARLIC BUTTER RICE
Garlic Butter Rice has so much flavor, it makes the perfect side to go with anything! All cooked in one pot, forget about plain rice!
Servings: 4 serves
- 4 tablespoons (2oz. | 60g) butter, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice, long gran, Basmati or Jasmine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in rice to coat with the garlic butter.
Add broth, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
Cover with lid and reduce heat to low so the liquid is simmering very gently. Cook until all liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Uncover and stir through fresh parsley.
Remove from heat, cover with lid and let stand 5-10 minutes, until soft.
Fluff rice with a fork. Stir through remaining butter and season with a little extra salt, pepper and dried parsley.
Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Fiber: 1g