EASY CHICKEN CURRY
Super easy chicken curry packed with flavor and cooked in no time from scratch! Forget jarred sauces....this recipe is 5 stars! A creamy, aromatic, coconut curry sauce made with minimal ingredients, simmers around tender chicken pieces makes for an incredible dinner. You'll be surprised at home GOOD this curry is!
Servings: 4 serves
- 21 oz. chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, (or curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, or curry powder
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder, adjust to your taste preference
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 13.5 fl oz can coconut milk, or coconut cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro, to garnish
In a bowl, toss chicken with 2 tablespoons of the oil and spices to evenly coat.
Heat remaining oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken in batches until browned, about 3-4 minutes each side. Set aside and keep warm. (The chicken will finish cooking in the sauce.)
Melt the butter in the same pan. Fry onion until soft (about 3 minutes), scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
Add garlic and ginger; sauté until fragrant, about for 1 minute. Add in garam masala, cumin, ground coriander and turmeric (or curry powder). Cook stirring occasionally until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
Add crushed tomatoes, chili powder, salt and sugar. Let simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
Stir in coconut milk/cream. Add chicken and juices back into the pan. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick, about 5 minutes.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh garlic butter rice and homemade naan bread.
Serve with super soft Naan bread to mop up the curry sauce!
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g