Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs
Golden, seared boneless chicken thighs in a silky garlic cream sauce packed with spinach, fresh basil and sun dried tomatoes. Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs are quick and easy to make... the perfect dinner recipe for tonight!
Servings: 4 serves
- 6-8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
SUN DRIED TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil, from jar
- 1 small brown shallot
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup (4 oz | 120g) sun dried tomato strips
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz | 120ml) dry white wine, (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz | 120ml) low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (6 fl. oz | 185ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (1 oz. | 30g) fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach leaves packed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves packed
Season chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
Heat sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Sear chicken in batches of two or three until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate, keep warm.
Add the shallot and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the sun dried tomato strips and cook to release flavours, about 1 minute.
Pour in wine; bring to a simmer while scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
Let simmer for 2 minutes, then add in the chicken broth, cream, parmesan and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a gentle simmer, then reduce heat to low-medium. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Stir regularly to melt parmesan cheese.
Taste test sauce and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if needed.
Stir through spinach and basil leaves. Stir through and let leaves wilt through the sauce. Return chicken to the pan; drizzle sauce over chicken and let simmer for a further minute.
Serve immediately over mashed potato, mashed cauliflower, rice, pasta, or fresh bread to mop up the sauce!
Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 705mg | Potassium: 1031mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1586IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 3mg